- Year 6 Teachers – Miss Calver and Mrs Strange
- Year 6 Teaching Assistants – Mrs Kenealy
Year 6 is an important year as it prepares the pupils for their transition to secondary school.
During this year, much emphasis is stressed upon learning through enjoyment. Our exciting topics include; The Vikings, The Amazon Rainforest, Evolution and Electricity.
Throughout the year, Mathematics and Literacy are central to all aspects of learning, preparing children and fully equipping them with the key skills and confidence that they will require to take that all important leap into the next stage of their education.
We also follow the Jigsaw scheme of work brings together Personal, Social, Health and Economic education, emotional literacy, social skills and spiritual development. Each half term there is a different focus, such as ‘Being Me My World’, ‘Healthy Me’ and ‘Dreams and Goals’.
- Year 6 Summer newsletter (219KB)
- Year 6 Summer 1 homework (568KB)
- Year 6 Spring Newsletter (199KB)
- Year 6 Spring Homework (356KB)
- Y6 Curriculum Map (513KB)