- Year 1 Teacher – Miss Shaw
- Year 1 Teaching Assistants – Mrs Mayes and Mrs Franklin
Year One is a very busy and exciting place to be!
Even from the age of just 5 and 6 years old, we are already well on our way to developing a number of important social and academic skills! As part of this learning we experience lots of exciting daily literacy and numeracy lessons, where we focus on developing many skills including phonics, handwriting and basic number concepts such as counting and calculations.
As part of our curriculum work, we cover these exciting topics: The Great Fire of London, Weather and Making Maps.
We also follow the Jigsaw scheme of work brings together Personal, Social, Health and Economic education, emotional literacy, social skills and spiritual development. Each half term there is a different focus, such as ‘Being Me My World’, ‘Healthy Me’ and ‘Dreams and Goals’.
- Yr1 Curriculum homework Spring 2 (256.98KB)
- Yr1 Spring 2023 Newsletter (222.60KB)
- Yr1 Curriculum Homework Spring 2023 (270.73KB)
- Year 1 Curriculum Map 2022 (52.96KB)